5 Maintenance "Spruces" to Make Before Selling Your Nashville Home
The word is out: the Nashville housing market is finally on the upswing!
In other words, there is hope for the Nashville home seller! If you aren’t quite ready to sell your home but may be in the next few years, then here are 5 relatively inexpensive Maintenance “Spruces” you can make to ensure that you get top dollar when the time comes!
- Painting Touchups. You know, those nicks, dings and scuffs that happen in the day to day living in a home. Check out your walls and ceilings every six months or so and do touchups as needed.
- Brighten, polish, update. Take a good look around your house. What kinds of small updates will make your home really shine? Updating simple things like doorknobs, hinges, cabinet hardware and shutters give a residence the impression that the owner cares about even the small details.
- Maintain HVAC. Maintenance twice a year will help prolong the life of your HVAC unit and will also keep you informed of any upcoming replacements or repairs that will need to be made. Having those maintenance records give buyers more peace of mind when they are considering which home to purchase.
- Fences, gates and screens. Outdoor features need attention, too! Search for any holes in screens, loose fence posts and gates that don’t open properly. If your fence is a painted one, check for any fading in the color and touch it up.
- Interior doors and cabinets. The doors in older homes have a tendency to swell and contract with the seasonal changes. Make sure that all of the interior doors close easily. Cabinet doors and drawers can become squeaky or get off their tracks. Oil those squeaky hinges and replace the ones that are no longer working.
For even the busiest home owner, these 5 maintenance "spruces" are managable (and I'm using myself as the litmus test!) Whenever you have some time, take a walk around your home and make notes of what could stand to be improved. Doing these small updates can help you get top dollar by showing to the buyer that you have cared about even the smallest parts of your Nashville home!